Last updated July 2022
What are cookies?
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible and they remember your preferences, so you don’t have to insert your details again and again.
There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from our website and others come from third parties which place cookies on our site. Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
We have 3 varieties of cookies which operate on our website:
1. Strictly Necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request of services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
2. Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
3. Targeting cookies
We currently do not use targeted cookies.
- Recognising when you login to your membership account and what your preferred settings are
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and to serve you content which we believe improves your experience on our site
- Analysing how you use our site which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance
- These cookies are used to track visits to our site and help us measure traffic sources to improve performance. They are also used to optimise the website based on how many visitors navigate through the site. All information collected is anonymised. If you disable these cookies the site should function correctly, we simply won’t know that you visited the site.
These are performance cookies used to track visits to our website and movement around the site. The data which is collected is anonymous and is used for benchmarking purposes to monitor the performance of our site and to measure user engagement.
Our contact information
- firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Legal Manager, OEUK, 4th Floor, Annan House, 33-35 Palmerston Road, Aberdeen, AB11 5QP.